races de A à Z Races de chiens

Four Puppies Rescued ‘In the Nick of Time’ From UK House Fire

Four puppies are lucky to be alive after firefighters rescued them from a burning home in Bristol, UK.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service saved the four puppies 

The four puppies were saved on January 21, 2024, when various fire crews from Bedminster rushed to a scene after receiving reports of a blaze.

Although the fire left the house badly damaged, the Bedminster Fire Station considered the successful rescue of the puppies a miracle. In a statement, the fire crew shared, “These lucky pups got‌ out in the nick of time.”

As of now, it’s unclear which breed the puppies are. Fortunately, the occupants of the residence also escaped unhurt. 

Firefighters with the Avon Fire and Rescue Service managed to remove the puppies from the property before battling the flames. Once all the puppies were out, they were checked for injuries, which they, thankfully, didn’t have. 

“Naturally we all had to have post-fire cuddles to check they were all OK!” the fire crews stated. 

The cause of the house fire 

According to fire officials, the lithium-ion battery of an electric scooter sparked the deadly fire that put the four puppies’ lives in jeopardy.  

Although loved for their convenience, one main risk associated with electric scooters is that their Lithium-ion batteries can be a fire hazard. Electric scooters and other e-bikes are capable of starting ferocious fires if short-circuited, submerged in water, over-charged, or damaged.

While speaking to Spectrum News, Adam Barowy, a fire expert, explained how dangerous an overheated Lithium-ion battery can be:

“What’s happening is you start to have some chemical reactions inside the cell that give off heat and the more heat it gives off, the more chemical reactions happen,” he shared. “That speeds up and the temperature increases so quickly that it can’t be controlled.”

Barowy attributed the rise in e-scooter-triggered fires to poor-quality products. “Some are designed well and evaluated for safety and others are just kind of coming in and being sold for much cheaper than those,” he added. 

Source link

About the author


Leave a Comment